We are seeking an experienced RPLS. As a Surveyor Manager in our office, the RPLS will be responsible for supervising a team of technicians and field crews to compete large-scale survey projects on schedule. The RPLS will coordinate with other members of the project team to execute project scope and schedule as established by the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities of RPLS
- Coordinating office duties, supervising and managing field crew
- Collect information (monuments, property markers, benchmarks) on project controls.
- Establish horizontal and vertical controls for project.
- Collect field survey data as described in project scope. This includes physical inspection of existing structures.
- Perform computations associated with survey work.
- Provide organized and clear description of field data (includes field books and notes, physical inspection, download of data collector/GPS information).
- Provide maintenance and calibration of survey equipment.
- Provide completed drawing of existing features using collected data.
- Set controls to be used by contractor for construction.
- Manage surveying staff time against a budget.
Qualifications of RPLS
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS) in the State of Texas.
- 3-5 years supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Must have experience with boundary survey, design topographic survey, and construction surveys.
- Strong technical skill set, including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and MS Office
- Knowledge and application of surveying theories and principles, concepts, and fundamentals
- Ability to work independently, and manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems
Work Environment and Physical Demands for RPLS
- Primarily work indoors with occasional work outdoors, must be able to work in extreme temperatures
- Regularly required to walk long distances
- Frequently lifts or moves objects up to 100 lbs.
This is a full time position with an excellent benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401k Matching
- Group health insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Employer-sponsored continuing education
Interested candidates please send us your contact details along with your resume below: